Hearkening back to my mental state when I first became fanatical about Talisman (1991), Fantasy Flight has announced the newest BOARD expansion for Talisman 4th edition: HIGHLANDS. This puts to rest for awhile the debate about the City expansion being released. Included will be 6 characters– obviously one is the Highlander, and from the tiny pic of the box cover I see the Valkyrie (awesome!) , but I can’t pick out any of the others. I do see a total of three sets of boobs there though.
Blizzard released info on the female version of the monk recently and it looks a lot more DIABLO than the sorceress (who walked straight from rainbow-hued World of Warcraft) and the crouching, degenerate Witch Doctor. Why would her head not be shaved? Note: on the video is the greatest design for an age verification ever.
It’s just not fair at all. I was able to get about half and hour of CRACKDOWN in before needing to collapse into a feverish ball. Terrible.
My initial impression of ME2 after 4 hours of play.
– Character import – AHHAHAHAH you die and they bring you back to life to justify taking your lv’s away. GAY. Why even let me import shit. I like playing the “same” character but it just feels very forced and uncreative.
– Freedom’s Progress – It’s the first non-tutorial location you go. It’s a Alien’s(the movie) rip off for music and visual feel, very borrowed. Feels good, but it’s a rip off non the less.
– Sound – The cut scene sound is WEAK. Something just not right about it, it does not feel EPIC. just watch some space scenes from the original star wars triligy to see what i’m talking about when you compare the two.
– Graphics in the space cut scenes – The scale of ships seems off, but this was a weakness carried over from the first mass effect, the sci-fi space visuals are just average in my opinion.
– Sci-Fi – Science failure, talk of wireless networks with firewalls etc that Edi hacks? super gay FAIL. Complete 20th century earth tech/terminology just to make it “easy” for the audience to understand, or maybe the writers are the uncreative and lazy.
– Sci-Fi – SUCCESS – the data logs. listening to the stuff the writers came up with the flesh out the ME2 universe is a great touch. It’s not Dune level awesome, but it’s the best thing out there sci-fi rpg wise on the x360
– AH hits of hot lesbian sex – Choose a female character, chat up your female crew, insinuate same sex loving. Catholics beware, it’s WONDERFUL STUFF!
With the arrival of the Cosmic Encounter expansion and with my stout-hearted board gaming group in tow, we started what will end up being a year long Cosmic Encounter campaign I have dubbed the COSMIC ANNIHILATION!!! The plan is quite simple:
- Play games of Cosmic Encounter – this is a no brainer, but we are going for 4 Planet, 4 bases FTW to keep the games shorter.
- After each game, Aliens that have lost are removed from campaign play and the winners continue.
- Flares of eliminated Aliens are still used in the game, but may not be selected at start of play. (we will have a Live deck of flares and an eliminated deck to fill in the quota)
The idea was that there are Aliens that few people play, either because there is too much text on their cards or they have been blackballed after a few losing games (Citadel), so to give every Alien a go, it was time for the COSMIC ANNIHILATION.
Tripler, Leviathan, Bully(W)
Notes: Leviathan had the Lunar Canon (!) and got 1 planet away from the win, Bully had the Prometheus ship, both Bully and Tripler lost their powers at least once each.
Mirror(W), Deuce, Amoeba.
Notes: Deuce gained zero planets and the Amoeba was destroyed almost completely while allying.
Deuce, Amoeba, Leviathan, Tripler
…and failed to connect. I say that’s some good marketing at work.
Always full of surprises, BauriceMastard has posted yet another Diablo 2: Zyel play video featuring a little bit of Werner Herzog action here and there.
From Gametrailers. Looking all sorts of awful good.
The first wave of mods have begun hitting the net for Torchlight and while searching it’s going to be a long wait before some ardent fans start tackling an undertaking as huge as an equivalent to Diablo 2’s PENULTIMATE Zyel Mod, but here’s a couple goodies.
First off is Torchleech – a mod manager extraordinare.
Second is really the first mod that has piqued my interest (I’m not very interested in the ‘little tweak’ type mods at all) and that’s Starch the Monster Hunter— a new NPC with a new set of maps and a handful of new monsters, all surrounding the post-main storyline gameplay in the infinite dungeon.
My review of Torchlight is really pointless as I have 100% recommend it to everyone I know and love. In short, they nailed the look and feel, nailed the feel and flow of the combat but they missed the boat on the crafting/enchanting. I expected more out of the game in terms of crafting items. Since Diablo 1, we have picked up thousands of items that were largely useless to us except to lug around and sell, and Torchlight is no different over a decade later. Later Diablo-clones have created a way for the crap items to be harvested to make better stuff or a visual cue that you should ignore them when they are lying on the ground. For example, if you have 3 normal swords of the same type, you can craft those into a low level magical sword, and with three of those, you can get to the next tier, and so on. While there are sockets in Torchlight, and Enchanting, you end up piling your pet with rubbish to sell for a pittance most of the time. Granted, the pet running off to town is a brilliant idea, which , guaranteed, will be stolen by Blizzard if D3 ever comes out.
What’s more, any discussion of the game needs to mention that Torchlight not being multiplayer. Except for a few visual glitches here and there and the fact that they seem to still have a model’s shadow displaying through ceilings like Hellgate London, that’s about the only complaints I have. That said, I heartily endorse Torchlight and think it’s got a great future as a brand. I’m only on my second play through and while I loved my Alchemist in my first play through, I absolutely adore the Destroyer class. It’s one of those games like Dominons 3, Strange Adventures in Infinite Space and especially Mount & Blade that will probably never leave my hard drive.