i respected him with the plugy mod once or twice so i could PUMP more points into werewolf shit. i thought at first the wolf form was terrible, but found out i just needed a FASTER weapon with some lifesteal and BANG, werewolf guy started to kill some shit! i’ve got a couple summons to help keep the hoard off my back, but mostly i just use the werewolf skill that adds life steal charge up for the first three attacks and then lasts for 20 seconds or some shit, that life steal plus your base life steal from weapons makes a nice punchy dude. also you get a speed bonus so you can run faster which in diablo 2 is WHAT YOU FUCKING WANT, you want to run around as FAST as possible.
funny thing, the temple vipers almost fucking killed me. AGAIN! fuck though guys man. fuckem.
daylabor proved to be a easy to use character even for a player that doesn’t really have any clue what the best paladin build looks like. i used holy fire mostly and then zeal and a bit of the fire resistance at in the MC esure place. pretty much you just run around punching shit until it is dead. i enjoyed the paladin and i feel at home with a punch non-ranged character. there were a couple close calls here and there, mostly the lighting enchanted shit, OF COURSE.
kunninglinguist is no more. she was gang banged to the great beyond in the final chamber of Viper Claw Lair. it was mainly my fault for running too deep into the mobs and not having a belt FULL of rejuv’s. once kunninglinguist was surrounded, it was time to give up. why the fuck i was not recording that boss fight is beyond my understanding for failure.
some thoughts about the amazon in diablo2:
– MANA CONSTRAINED GAY. you never have enough mana.
– the amazon was the first character i played when i bought d2 back in the day, i loved this character. but after playing hardcore version i will never again, the play feels too slow.
– i guess i needed some spear skills to help kill bosses?
some thoughts about hardcore death:
– it’s GREAT! you never know when your endgame play is happening until just before it happens.
– would be nice to see the items i lost and check some stats on the dead characters previous life. you can’t even load a ghost character to see all that shit.
– i’m almost possitive all my hardcore characters will die on the bone spear arms of duriel.
here’s a video of kunninglinguist last days in d2, you’ll see how long the boss fights were taking me and i’m sure that is a sign of the amazon being a shitty character at the lower lv’s.
remember spore? remember the hype? will wright makes new super game!!! a game that lets you take a single cell organism and evolve it to a space fairing race! i remember. i bought it. i played it. it fucking sucks. the game is trash, i would not recommend you try it. even will wright left ea after making it. i believe he left because spore never became what he truly wanted it to be, something that had a foundation in cool science that let people play with the stuff of life. instead it became a shitcakeburger that was not fun to play because it never challenged the player in cool ‘HOLY SHIT SCIENCE’ ways. the game was dumbed down into a “sims with creatures” borefest.
so what is EA(ss) to do with all the money the dumped into the spore brand? how can EA(ss) cash in on this failed product to help re-coop the investment? FUCK!?! make a action rpg using the spore brand! that’s what. arpg players are desparate! they are all awaiting diablo 3 and will buy ANYTHING to help fill the void and quench the thrust.
take a shitty brand, a poison root, and make something awesome from it. what a fucking terrible idea. enter darkspore.
darkspore launched april 26th 2011 for $50 and now it’s on sale for $30. not even too months later and the game is 40% off. fucking shitty. having played the beta, i can tell you the game is worth 5-10$ and even at that price you’ll stop playing after 3-5hrs because there is nothing there to play. it’s a grind fest of epically shittackular proportions. argps may not need a story, but damnit it HELPS A LOT!!!
it pains me to think about all the talent in the game industry that slaved away to make spore and then darkspore. all the hours put into games that are not worth using for entertainment because they are not fun.
Littlemute and I played some VF5 on the xboxen360 this week and I recorded it with a Vulkano Platinum device. The resulting video is
You may want to watch that shit in FULL 720p on the youtube main webplace.
More Episodes to follow at a predictable pace. Please let me know if you want more crazy edits or less.
Let me say some things about the Vulkano Platinum capture device,
1. It was 143$ american, shipped. To me, that seemed like a fair price.
2. It installed very easily.
3. It had a problem with Yellow Artifacts out of the BOX! When I used the component cable connections from my 360, to the Vulkano, to the receiver which connects to the TV (ALL COMPONENT CABLE CONNECTIONS), I’d get Yellow Artifacts at the 720p resolution. The Artifacts went away when I switched to using the HDMI out on the Vulkano. WTF is that? CHEAP MANUFACTURING. When I emailed the Monsoon corp about it, they say “Oh just use the HDMI, that will fix your issue.” The fuckers.
4. The PC interface for recording live TV is not very intuitive and thus sucks shit.
5. The Vulkano has a maximum recording resolution of Recording of 720 x 480 pixels. WTF is that? I’ll tell you what that is, it’s a 3:2 aspect ratio CLUSTERFUCK. You can’t use a higher rez and the lower resolutions are also a 3:2 aspect ratio. When you are capturing xbox360 which is outputing 720p (1280×720 pixels) at 16:9 aspect ratio you get a file that is squished and will need to be re-encoded to look right. HOW IN THE NAME OF JESUS DID MONSOON FUCK THIS UP SO BAD? See this chart for reference on aspect ratios.
6. The Vulkano doesn’t allow for pass through, HOLY SHIT THAT IS GAY. Once you connect it, you have to keep the thing powered on even if you are not trying to capture video.
7. After a while the Vulkano will lock up and you have to pull the power cord on it to reboot it. WTF? The power on the remote does not turn the device “OFF” on “ON”.
8. I have no idea how the Vulkano device works as a time/place shifting device for Cable TV because we don’t have CABLE TV CUZ CABLE TV IS FOR ASSHOLES AND SPORTFUCKS.
9. I can’t get Monsoon to give me a GOD DAMN RMA# so i can return the device for a refund. I’ve emailed, then called. The folks on the emails said I’d have to call to get a RMA# and the folks on the phone said I’d have to email to get a RMA#. FUCK THAT! THOSE DAMN PAKI-DIANS, I know they need work too but I NEED A DAMNED RMA# MOTHERFUCKERS!
10. I’ve bought the HD PVR by Haupauge as a replacement, 188$ shipped. I’ll have it by next weekend and I PRAY TO FUCKING JESUS CHRIST it works better.
i’m pretty sure i played this ASSassin wrong. first, i could not resist the temptation to keep using that knife with +100% mf. i transferred the MF knife from TugandRun just so i could keep finding the sweet sweet loot faster then normal. i gimped my ASSassin for the sake of loot find. that is bad and proves that MF is a bad thing to put into the game, right?
she’s got the knife, so she’s not using the katana’s. just knife and shield. sure i thought at the start i’d only switch to the MF knife for the last killing blow on bosses and for opening chests and such, but i’m lazy. i just ended up keeping the MF knife equipped all the time. i think removing the quick weapon switch from diablo 3 is a great idea, it is not necessary and puts more emphasis on skill configurations and their use.
what would go well with the knife fighting in the assassin’s skill tree? TRAPS. i put almost all her danged points into lightening trap shit. it works i guess. not very fun play i must say. she’s the least fun of my character so far, but i think it’s mostly to do with the fact that i just played her using TRAPS and not her punchy punch punch skills. the class is supposed to be a punchy punch i think.
the running around with the power run fast boost skill throwing traps around works, but it gets pretty fucking boring. i have a bad feeling duriel will fucking kill biotchlips quick.
TugandRun made it from lv10 to lv20. nothing too harrowing if i remember it all correctly. it’s slow going with my necro build/style of play. i found a unique dagger that has +100% MF. that dagger makes the set items POP! pretty sure TugandRun pulled in 4-6 set items during the lv’ing from 10 to 20, also pulled more runes.
shoedrinker hit lv20! fucking not too hard really. a barbarian is built to take the damage while punching everything until it disappears into the crowd.
there’s a nice lv10 to lv20 breakdown picture above, click it to see all the dirty character details. i think it is interesting to see how a hardcore character in diablo 2 changes after ten levels of play. i’m playing a double fisting sword swinger, so all my skill points are going towards the hard hitting skills like bash, double swing, stun, concentrate. i mainly use double swing, and throw in some bashes, stuns and concentrates. lv17-20 i was just crushing shit with concentrate. i’m holding off on weapon specialization skills until i’m sure i know what type of weapons i want to use long term. i don’t care about the war cries at all, will this doom my barbarian?
i have a ring of +9% magic find, which really seemed to make a significant difference, i am surprised by this. i found 3 set items with the shoedrinker while flyingassbang found zero. could it be that each +9% magic find??? i can’t be too sure right now, more play time with the other characters will tell perhaps. the set items at this stage seem pretty fucking nice and that rune word’d sword fucks shit up bad. i’m not sure if having over 1000 attack rating is pretty normal for a lv20 barb, or if i’m ahead of the curve.
here is a video of ShoeDrinker killing boss monsters on his way from lv10-20.
shoedrinker’s resistances are HORRIBLE. lightening enchanted shit almost killed him 2-3 times, and we’re talking normal shit not even unique stuff.
next up is TugandRun the nerco! i have a bad feeling he’s dooooommmmmmeed.
Atari you fail at giving shit away for free! I registered for a Star Trek beta account in 2009 or early 2010 and now that account can’t be used to download this free space piss called Cham-pee-yaaaahns Online? WHUT? So I try to do a password reset because you tell me my email is already in use. The reset password dialog box tells me the email is not registered.