I put myself on two weeks away from video games (not non video games, that would be preposterous) and the personal ban ends tonight at midnight. I usually get to play stuff a few hours at night at the most and a bit on the weekends here and there. So what did I accomplish instead? Seems like there would be a huge list right? uhhhh….not really.
1) Reading the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition rules and first campaign
2) Reading and prepping for a session with the Atomic Robo RPG beta
3) A game of 40K 2nd edition (!?)
4) Painting 3 bestigor and getting a long way on three more. 20 more after that is still pretty daunting..
5) Finishing Undaunted Courage (biography of Louis of Louis and Clark). It’s great but the end is very sad indeed.
So during the two weeks, what game was I joneseing for the most? the new Xcom was up there– I really wanted to play that more after losing my first campaign game embarassingly. Torchlight 2 of course, but the one I really really wanted to play was Dark Souls…I’m stuck at the Capra Demon– I know HOW to beat him but I just haven’t executed properly to do it yet and this is gnawing at me something fierce!
Now however, look what’s out? Hotline Miami, Blood Bowl Chaos Edition and a Steam version of Conquest of Elysium 3 from Illwinter– all ripe and ready for the nerdery action but Dark Souls is going to be the first taste…